How to Use Venmo
To send a donation using Venmo, you must use their app. Download it to your phone from your app store, look for a white V on a light blue background. You can no longer send a donation through the Venmo website from your computer. Once it is downloaded to your phone you can proceed with the setup. This process takes very little time. When you have completed the initial setup proceed to step 1 below.
1. Open Venmo. Tap the Venmo app icon, which resembles a white "V" on a light-blue background. This will open your Venmo home page if you're logged in.
- If you aren't logged into Venmo, enter your email address and password when prompted. You may have to verify your account by entering a code that's sent to your Venmo phone number before you can proceed.
2. Tap the "Pay or Request" icon. It's a feather-shaped icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Doing so opens a list of your Venmo recipients.
- On Android, the "Pay or Request" icon is a hovering button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Select a recipient. Tap the name of the person to whom you want to send money. This will open the payment form with their name filled in.
- Type @ucvchurch
4. Enter an amount. Type in the amount you want to send.
5. Add a note. Tap the "What's it for?" text box below your recipient's name, then type in the note (Donation, UCV Tithe, UCV weekly/monthly giving).
- Strangely enough, the note isn't optional—you'll need to enter a note before you can send money
6. Determine who can see your payment. By default, your payments are public, meaning anyone can see your payment details by going to your profile. You can change this by tapping the Public option in the lower-right side of the page and then tapping either Friends (only friends will be able to see the payment) or Private (only you and the recipient will be able to see the payment).
7. Tap Pay when prompted. It's a green button at the bottom of the screen. Doing so will send your specified amount of money to the recipient(s).
- You should see the name of the recipient and the amount you're sending in the Pay button (e.g., Pay Sarah McFadden $50.00).