United Church of Christ -- Changing Lives: That's Our Church's Wider Mission
What is Our Church's Wider Mission (OCWM)? OCWM funds the work we do in the Associations, Conferences and in the national and global church. OCWM funds are invested in programs, resources, and tools needed to keep local UCC churches strong, effective and growing.
Never place a period where God has placed a comma.
- Because we believe in transformation, we believe the church's mission is changing lives -- individually, systemically, and globally.
- We support, encourage and uplift local churches where lives are being changed through worship, education, fellowship, mission, and justice advocacy.
- We identify, recruit, educate and support leaders who inspire others.
- We support churches and plant new churches as vital places of worship, learning, and justice advocacy.
- We change lives through our global partnerships, missionaries, and advocacy.
No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey,
you are welcome here.
- Because we believe in extravagant welcome, we insist that God's table is open, not closed, and God's gift and claim in baptism are irrevocable.
- We demonstrate this through public professions of our identity and purpose: multi-racial, multi-cultural, open and affirming, accessible to all.
- We advocate justice for all as an extension and expression of faith.
- We are open to new ways of being church and forming Christian community.
- We affirm that cultural differences expand our ability to welcome more people.
- We strive to keep our perspective global in our partnership with people of faith around the world.
Gifts to Our Church's Wider Mission benefit the full range of the UCC mission across the country and around the globe.